Obstetrician – Surgeon – Gynecologist
Georgios Verigakis is an Obstetrician/Gynecologist specializing in infertility and IVF.
He was born in Agios Nikolaos, Crete, in 1971. He holds a degree from the Athens University Medical School graduating in 1997 magna cum laude.
After his graduation, he did his rural medical service at the Medical Center of Siteia before starting his specialty training in Obstetric Gynecology. The first part of his training was in General Surgery at the 401 General Military Hospital of Athens and Venizeleio General Hospital, Irakleio.
He completed his residency in Obstetrics/Gynecology at the Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinic of Helena Venizelou Hospital, on a large number of high-risk pregnancies, acquiring hands-on practice by performing many natural childbirths, cesarean sections, as well as gynecologic procedures. During his residency, he focused on infertility and IVF.
He has published in Greek and foreign scientific journals, and continuously participates in scientific meetings.
- Obstetrician Gynecologist, specializing in infertility and IVF
- Licensed for performing ultrasounds in Obstetrics/Gynecology by the Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity
- Licensed for performing colposcopies by the Hellenic Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Member of the Athens Medical Association
- Member of the Union of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Greece
- Member of the Hellenic Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Since 2008, he has been running a private practice in Neo Irakleio and he has been a scientific associate at IASO Maternity Hospital. He is also an associate at the IASO Hospital Institute of Life Assisted Reproduction Unit, undertaking further investigation of infertile couples and performing IVFs.