Semi-Natural Cycle IVF / Mini IVF
Mini-IVF or micro-IVF treatment is a minimum ovarian stimulation protocol during IVF.
Mini-IVF or micro-IVF treatment is a minimum ovarian stimulation protocol during IVF. As is the case with natural-cycle IVF, mini-IVF is a mild alternative compared to conventional IVF treatment.
Mini-IVF differs from natural-cycle IVF in that the mother-to-be is administered a very low quantity of oral medication to stimulate her ovaries so they may produce a high number of quality eggs in a single cycle. If, however, it is necessary to administer injections, they are much fewer than those administered during conventional IVF.
Around 3-5 quality eggs are produced during this process, compared to conventional IVF, when 7-15 eggs are produced, which are not all of the best quality, though.
Which women are suitable candidates for mini-IVF?
- Women who had small response to hormonal stimulation in previous IVF attempts and who have a low ovarian reserve (AMH value < 1 ng).
- Older women (over 42 years) or even younger women with an impaired hormonal profile (FSH > 12).
- Women discouraged by the cost of conventional IVF.
- Women with a history of cancer.
- Women who have had a traumatic experience with hormonal stimulation.
- Women running a high risk of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- Women with implantation failures following conventional IVF.
Semi-Natural Cycle IVF / Mini IVF Mini-IVF or micro-IVF treatment is a minimum ovarian stimulation protocol during IVF. Mini-IVF...
Natural Cycle Natural-cycle IVF is a relatively simple procedure Natural-cycle IVF is a relatively simple procedure and consists of...
Ovulation Induction It is an assisted reproduction method indicated to treat fertility problems in women who have irregular or...
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) The semen is treated in the lab, where active motile sperm is separated from sperm with...
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a process whereby the eggs are fertilized by a sperm outside of...