These Terms and Conditions of Use (hereinafter, for the sake of brevity, the “Terms”) regulate the rights and obligations relating to use of the application MY LIFE LIVE (hereinafter, for the sake of brevity, the “Application”).
This Application is available from the INSTITUTE OF LIFE-IASO, 37-39 Kifissias Ave., Marousi GR-15123 (hereinafter “IOL”). Installation of the Application on your mobile phone means that you have read, understood and unreservedly accepted these Terms. Where you disagree with any Term, you must immediately stop using the Application and the services provided via it. Consequently, it is recommended that you carefully read these Terms before installing or using the Application in any manner.
- Registration and License
By accepting these Terms and installing the Application on your mobile phone, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable and freely revocable license to use the Application solely and exclusively for your personal use and in accordance with these Terms and the applicable legislation.
To use the Application, you must create an account by filling out a username and mobile phone number. When registering, you will be given an initial login code for the application which you will be asked to change when you next log in to the application, while also verifying your identity by inserting a 6-digit number which will be sent to your mobile phone by SMS.
- You will be sent an initial application login code by SMS to the mobile number you have declared (using the IOL form).
- Use your Patient ID as your user name.
- When you first log in to the application using your Patient ID as you username and the initial login code sent by SMS, you will be asked to change the login code to one of your choosing, and to verify your identity by entering a 6-digit number which will be sent by SMS to the mobile phone you have declared.
- Each time you log in to the application you will use your Patient ID as your user name as well as the login code from step 3 while also verifying your identity by entering a 6-digit number which will be sent by SMS.
To use the Application, you must be 18 years old. In all events, the IOL clinic reserves the right to suspend or terminate operation of the Application or access to it at any time, with or without notice, and without bearing any liability in this regard. The IVF clinic reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time and the relevant amendments shall be notified to you using reasonable means.
- User Obligations
There are rules and restrictions on use of the Application. They have been put in place in compliance with the applicable legal framework from time to time to protect users and avoid cases of abuse, and to provide the best possible experience to all users of the Application. Any breach of these rules may lead to temporary or final suspension of access to the Application without the IVF clinic being liable in any manner.
- Illegal use: It is prohibited to use the Application or the information provided for illegal purposes or to promote any illegal activity.
- Unauthorized access When using the Application, you are not permitted to take any of the following steps: (a) detecting, scanning or testing of the vulnerability of any system or network or breaching or bypassing security or authentication measures, (b) attempting to gain access to the Application in any manner other than the recommended one, (c) interfering with, interrupting or attempting to interfere with or interrupt another user’s access to the Application.
- Violation of third-party privacy: It is prohibited to disclose health data or other information of third parties without their express permission or authorization.
- Infringement of Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights: It is prohibited to reproduce, copy, sell, trade in or resell the Application, design and look and feel thereof or any information obtained from it. It is also prohibited to modify or redistribute the content of the Application without the prior written approval of the IVF clinic. Moreover, use of the Application for commercial exploitation purposes is not permitted.
More specifically, users of the Application are obliged not to use the Application to:
- cause nuisance, inconvenience, upset or proprietary loss to other users of the Application or any natural or legal person.
- publish, dispatch by email or transmit in any other manner content which is unlawful or which is contrary to morality or business usages or is transmitted in a manner which harasses third parties or harms the personal and social rights of third parties, is threatening, offensive, defamatory, slanderous, obscene, indecent, libelous, is a breach of confidentiality, or discriminates on grounds of race, nationality or other such grounds.
- cause harm to minors.
- publish, send by email or transmit in any other manner content which users are not entitled to transmit (such as confidential information acquired or disclosed as part of a contractual relationship or covered by confidentiality agreements).
- send, publish or transmit in any other manner any content which infringes any patent, commercial trade mark, commercial secret, intellectual property right or other third-party proprietary right.
- mislead anyone about the origin of the Application’s content, harm in any manner the reputation of the IVF clinic or third parties, put the safety of the Application at risk, prevent any user from accessing it.
- install and forward in any manner any type of advertising or spam, chain letters, pyramid systems and any other form of unwanted promotion of content or correspondence.
- publish, send by e-mail or transmit in other manner material containing viruses or malware of any other persons, codes, files or programs designed for the purpose of suspending the operation of, causing harm to or interrupting the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- harass third parties in any manner.
You are obliged to fully compensate the IVF clinic for any loss, damage or expenses which may be incurred directly or indirectly due to use of the Application in a manner which breaches these Terms and/or the applicable legislation.
- Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights, patents or any other right in the Application and information (excluding those provided by users of the Application) belong exclusively to IOL or the associates indicated by it. The elements of the Application, including but not limited to general design, images and graphics, their selection and configuration, are protected by the existing legislation on intellectual and industrial property.
The trademarks, corporate names and logos contained or displayed by the Application belong to the IVF clinic. Consequently, any copying, distribution, transfer, processing, resale, creation of derivative works or misleading of the public about the actual proprietor of the content, trademarks and distinctive marks included in the Application is prohibited. Any reproduction, re-issuance, downloading, announcement, dissemination or transmission or any other use of the content in any manner or medium for commercial or other purposes shall only be permitted with the prior written permission of the IVF clinic. Where that is not so, the said steps may constitute an infringement of the intellectual / industrial property rights of the IVF clinic which reserves the right to seek compensation in accordance with the provisions of the relevant legislation for any direct or indirect, actual or consequential loss which it may incur.
The IVF clinic takes all necessary and suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data processed via the Application.
Note that you are exclusively responsible for keeping safe the personal password for the Application exclusively generated and entered by you, and should not disclose it to any third party. Each user remains personally responsible for all steps taken / all uses of their account on the Application using their password. The IVF clinic is not liable for any loss incurred due to any third party access in any manner to your personal data on the Application. If you lose or forget your password or suspect unauthorized use of your account or any possible security breach, you must immediately inform the IVF clinic.
- Links to third party websites
Among other things, the Application may provide hyperlinks to third party websites which have exclusive control over the content they post on those sites, and consequently full civil and criminal liability for the security of their websites, the lawfulness and validity of their content and services, and liability to make restitution of all claims arising from any infringement of the rights of other persons, such as intellectual and industrial property rights, etc., all liability of the IVF clinic for the content of those websites being expressly precluded.
Users are obliged to directly contact providers of those websites for any questions or other issues related to visits to and/or use of those websites.
Users acknowledge that the IVF clinic is not obliged to and cannot check the security and content of third party websites and services to which its website may link. In all events, the IVF clinic reserves the right to remove links from the Application at any time at its discretion which transfer the user to third party websites and to terminate the provision of those services.
The Application is used at your own responsibility. The Application, services and information are provided “as is” and “as available”. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the IVF clinic bears no liability, whether contractual, tortious (including the case of negligence or strict liability), or any other liability in relation to the Application and its use and (b) the IVF clinic does not provide any guarantee of any type, whether express or tacit, including but not limited to continuous operation of the Application or your continuous ability to access it.
Without prejudice to the above and the applicable legislation, the IVF clinic bears no liability in relation to any technical error in the Application for any damage caused to users or their equipment during use. By accepting these Terms you waive any claim against the IVF clinic or its legal representatives, managers, employees, shareholders or associates for any loss or harm which arises or is related in any manner to use or inability to use the Application.
- General Terms
The IVF clinic reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time by posting the updated version from time to time to the Application without giving prior notice to users. For that reason, please refer to the Terms at regular intervals so that you can learn about any relevant amendments.
Where any provision of these Terms is deemed to be or becomes invalid or voidable, abusive, contrary to law or morality, it automatically ceases to apply and will be removed from these Terms without affecting in any manner the validity and enforceability of the other Terms.
Failure by the IVF clinic to exercise its rights deriving from these Terms does not entail waiver of those rights.
These Terms and any amendment thereto are governed, interpreted and supplemented by Greek law. In the event of any dispute, it is expressly agreed that the Courts of Athens have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve the matter.
- Force Majeure
The IVF clinic bears no liability if due to force majeure (e.g. bad weather conditions, strikes) there is an inability to use the Application or access it.
- Personal data protection
As far as processing of your personal data using the Application is concerned, you can obtain information from the relevant Personal Data Protection Policy which is available here.